Relational & Organisation Consultant in London
My early career was in marketing, as a Brand Manager at Lever Bros. and as a marketing manager in financial services. I then took myself to Cranfield Business School to do an MBA, and it was there that I encountered Organisation Behaviour and had an 'aha moment, but it was to be a while before I could discover a way to practice.
After doing some marketing and strategy consulting, I finally found my way into OD at Sheppard Moscow, where I learnt my craft, but also realised that I could benefit from some psychological training. I started this at Metanoia Institute, in Gestalt and Transactional Analysis, and some years later, emerged as a qualified psychotherapist. Gestalt in particular has informed my practice as an OD consultant.
I moved to Hay Management Consultants in London to set up an OD pratice, and later to Ashridge Business School where I was one of the founders of Ashridge Consulting, which was rooted in sociological and psychological perspectives on organisation. I remain an Associate of Ashridge.
My practice is informed by a deep theoretical knowledge of Organisation Development. This theoretical knowledge is further augmented through my training in Gestalt and over a decade's worth of research into the complexity perspective on organisations. I have become interested in how to develop organisations’ capacity for change and innovation through mininising bureaucracy and focussing on the nature and quality of social interaction.
- Diploma in Organisation Consulting (Gestalt)
- Diploma in Clinical Psychotherapy (from the Gestalt Practitioners Training Institute)
- Gestalt Psychotherapy MSc, Middlesex University
‘The Consultants’ Consultant’
I am seen by many colleagues as 'The Consultants' Consultant'. As well as leading many assignments personally, I also initiated, designed and lead the Ashridge Masters in Organisation Consulting (AMOC), and its offsring the Doctorate in Organisation Consulting (ADOC), and the Ashirdge coaching programme for organisation consultants (CFOC) which subsequently became a Masters programme (AMEC). Consequently, I became a visiting Professor at Middlesex University which accredited AMOC and then ADOC.
I mentor, develop and ‘supervise’ a number of organisation consultants and Executive Coaches, and I also design and run CPD workshops for fellow professionals in such topics as, the application of Gestalt and Transactional Analysis to coaching, the principles of supervision, and 'complexity' in organisations.
A unique combination for professional organisation consulting
Having developed Masters and Doctoral programmes, and written a number of articles that have proved ground-breaking for organisation consulting, I see myself as a ‘practitioner-academic’, combining consulting practice with organisation and psychological theory into an integrated theory of practice.
I also practice as a psychotherapist, which helps me to understand the process of change to an even greater extent. My unusual combination of business experience, consulting experience and a deep knowledge of organisation theory and psychology, combine to enable me to help you bring about practical and innovative change.
Some recent client relationships
- I worked with a major pharmaceutical company, helping them with Leading Transformation through Empowerment.
- I have worked with a number of NHS Trust Boards to improve their effectiveness.
- I have worked with senior leaders and teams in the UK Civil Service.
- I have coached a number of Partners in law firms.
- I helped a major car manufacturer develop their change capability by creating a combination of workshops and Action Learning sets.
- I worked with a major British retailer to develop the effectiveness of their Management Board.
- I’ve worked with a major accounting and consulting firm in Central and Eastern Europe to develop their leadership practices.
- I developed and facilitated a major change process for an organisation that supplies components to the automotive industry.
For more information about me or the organisation consultancy services I provide, please don’t hesitate to email